Glass & Tile Medium
Glass & Tile Medium can be added to Jo Sonja Artists’ Matte Flow Acylic to make them suitable for painting on glass, glazed ceramics and enamel. It should be used in conjunction with Glass & Tile Primer if items cannot be cured in the oven.
- Apply a liberal coat of Jo Sonja Glass & Tile Medium to area to be painted and allow to dry. (this step is optional, however will promote better adhesion of painted design to surface). For maximum adhesion, there must be adequate Glass & Tile Medium in contact with the surface.
- Thoroughly mix colour with Glass & Tile Medium beginning with a ratio of 1 part Jo Sonja Matte Flow Acylic to 3 parts medium.
- Use Glass & Tile Medium in the brush for floated colour and glazing. Do not dilute with water or other mediums. The addition of other mediums may decrease the adhesion of paint to the surface. Rinse brush when paint begins to drag. Dress brush in a small amount of Glass & Tile Medium and pinch wipe to remove any trace of water.
- To reduce transparency, layer colour or decrease ratio of medium to colour. If medium is decreased or for increased durability, apply two coats of Glass & Tile Medium over painted area when complete. Dry well between each layer.
- For maximum durability, finish with 1 to 3 coats of Jo Sonja Polyurethane Water Based Gloss, Satin or Matte Varnish.
- Allow painted items to cure for a minimum of two weeks before use.
- While remarkably durable, this system is for decorative purposes only. Carefully hand wash and avoid harsh abrasives or chemicals.
Caution: Not intended for use in food contact applications.
Approximate coverage: 1 ml = 62 sq cm / 1oz = 2 sq ft.
Do not dry with a hair dryer.
Water based, can be cleaned up with mild soap and cool water.
Conforms to ASTM D 4236 and is Non Toxic.