Textile Medium allows permanent non-fading painting on natural and non-synthetic fabric. It is only necessary if the fabric to be decorated is to be laundered or dry cleaned. Fabric containing a minimum of 50% cotton is recommended for best adhesion.
- Pre-wash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Mix a minimum of 2 parts Jo Sonja Matte Flow Acrylic with 1 part Textile Medium. Painting a test strip is recommended.
- The addition of Textile Medium may stiffen painted area. This will soften with washing.
- Apply to fabric ensuring paint penetration of fibres. Allow to dry a minimum of 24 hours.
- All Purpose Sealer may be applied to the edges of your cut fabric to prevent fraying. Seal ¼” (1/2cm) beyond cut edge.
Heat Setting Instructions:
- Excessive temperature can cause colour change; pre-testing is recommended as follows:
- Using your dry test strip, cover painted area with a cloth or brown paper.
- Start with low heat setting, gradually increasing temperature until colour begins to “shift”, then lower the temperature slightly and make note of your iron setting.
- Iron decorated area for a minimum of 2 minutes on this setting.
Note: Launder article with mild detergent and delicate heat.
Caution: Sone cleaning chemicals may affect colour.
Approx coverage 1ml = 188 sq cm / 1oz = 6 sq ft
Do not use a hairdryer.
Water based, can be cleaned up with mild soap and cool water.