Clear Glaze Medium
Clear Glaze Medium is a matte transparent acrylic glazing medium with several different uses. Use alone or in conjunction with Jo Sonja Matte Flow Acrylic and Background Colours. Apply as a light sealer prior to painting, staining or varnishing or as a barrier coat between layers. Mix with base colour to seal as you basecoat. Use as a general painting medium for staining, glazing and other transparent effects.
- As a sealer or barrier coat, apply a medium coat of Clear Glaze Medium to the surface using a clean brush suitable to surface size.
- Apply undiluted as a light sealer on raw wood and throughout painting. For pickling or staining wood, seal with 1 coat of Clear Glaze Medium over raw wood to ensure an even application of stain.
- Mix desired Jo Sonja Matte Flow Acrylic with Clear Glaze Medium to create glazes or wood stains. Begin with 3 parts Clear Glaze Medium and 1 part Retarder or colour. Ratio is determined by strength of colour desired. Apply paint and medium in direction of the wood grain, wiping with a soft lint free cloth to remove excess. Allow to dry before repeating layers.
- May be used as a general painting medium where transparent colour is desired. For glazing or floating colour, dress the brush in Clear Glaze Medium or the above Clear Glaze Medium & Retarder mix. Blend on the palette before side loading with colour. Blend to soften colour and apply to deepen value or enhance colours.
- Apply Clear Glaze Medium undiluted throughout the painting and prior to varnishing as a protective barrier coat. Application of Clear Glaze Medium over the design area will lock down painting and allow ease of correction without disturbing previous layer.
Approximate coverage: 1 ml = 188 sq cm / 1oz = 6 sq ft.
Safe to dry with a hair dryer.
Water based, can be cleaned up with mild soap and cool water.
Conforms to ASTM D 4236 and is Non Toxic.